last week i received an email about the first annual delta gamma “do good week” from september 14-20th. needless to say this dg was very excited! basically they are asking that during the week, every dg sister do at least one act of kindness for another person or the environment. what a great idea! with more than 200,000 members, thats a lot of good deeds my friends! (and hey, even if you arent a dg, i encourage you to do good too!)
- send a card to a friend or relative you haven’t seen for some time
- collect used eyeglasses and send them to the Lions Club, International
- sincerely compliment a stranger
- donate clothes and household items to Goodwill or a similar organization
- eat lunch with someone new
- pick up trash around your neighborhood
- let someone go in front of you in line
- put a coin in a parking meter that has expired
- donate items to your local pet shelter
- register as an organ donor
- bring cookies to a work or group meeting
- use reusable shopping bags instead of paper or plastic
…obviously there are tons of things you can do, but these were some of my favorites!
- i have an old pair of eyeglass frames i plan on sending into the Lions Club (boston folks: if you have old eyeglasses as well that you’d be willing to donate, please let me know and i will pick up and include in my shipment!)
- finally clean out my closet and drop off clothes at goodwill (boston folks: if you have clothes you’d like to donate as well, let me know and i will pick up and include in my drop off)
- im going to carry around some extra quarters to feed some meters in case i see any that are close to expiring
- i plan on sincerely complimenting a stranger everyday, because i know when that happens to me it truly makes my day!
i hope everyone can find time to do one good thing this week, especially all my sisters!